Who is this plan underwritten by?
The APSIT Group 10-Year Level Term Life Insurance Plan is underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, under Group Policy No. G-29134-0, on Policy Form G-29134-0/GMR-FACE.
How much life insurance do I need?
Some insurance experts suggest that you purchase life insurance equal to seven to ten times your current income. In addition, you should consider how much your dependents will need to maintain their lifestyle.
How much insurance can I request?
- Participants—$100,000 to $1,000,000 in $10,000 multiples
- Spouse—$100,000 to $750,000 in $10,000 multiples, not to exceed 100% of member's coverage
- Child(ren) 14 Days Through Six Months Old—$1,000 per child
- Child(ren) Seven Months Through 22 Years Old (24 if a full-time student)—$10,000 per child in $1,000 multiples
Note: The total amount of coverage an individual may request under all group life insurance plans underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company may not exceed $1,500,000.
Are any discounts available?
Two discounts may be available:
- Volume Discount—If you or your spouse becomes insured for coverage amounts of $250,000 through $490,000, you'll receive a volume discount; and for amounts of $500,000 through $1,000,000 of coverage, you'll receive an even bigger discount.
- You May Pay Less If You're A Qualified Nonsmoker—Nonsmokers meeting the highest underwriting standards may qualify for the "Preferred" (the plan's best) rates. Other nonsmokers may qualify for "Select" (higher, but still very competitive) or "Standard" (the plan's highest) rates.